cameronsnicholls81 wrote:why is that functionality there if it affects the recording?
Many uses, including:
* Dictation - avoid long silences while thinking.
* Wildlife recording - recording animal / bird sounds without huge lengths of nothing.
* Band rehearsals - record the songs but not the (relative) silence between songs
* Environmental noise monitoring - how often do noisy trucks / planes / dogs / ...
* Audio note taking - ignore "thinking time" silences.
* Recording streaming audio - by setting the threshold level extremely low, the recording will run continuously while there is an audio stream active, reducing the need to trim silences.