USB inputs to Audacity with MacBook Pro

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

USB inputs to Audacity with MacBook Pro

Permanent link to this post Posted by dsthornton » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Dear Experienced Audacity User..

I am a new user of Audacity 2.1.3 and I am trying to input cassette tape data via Cassette2USB Converter (C2USB).
I cannot seem to get Audacity to recognize the input signal when I plug in the USB to my MacBook Pro.
If it helps, I also have parallels access to Windows 7 and Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro (MPro)... where I have also installed Audacity 2.1.3.
The inputs that are listed are either "built-in microphone" or "EZsound" at this point.
Please help me get started, with my thanks to you in advance.

Douglas Thornton

P.S. I have not put the C2USB software into my MPro, and perhaps that is the reason.
dsthornton

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: USB inputs to Audacity with MacBook Pro

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Have a look at Recording with USB turntables or USB cassette decks.

I doubt the converter has special drivers that need to be installed on Mac. Read the manual for the converter if you are in doubt.

Most importantly, either connect the USB converter before you launch Audacity, or if you do it afterwards, use Transport > Rescan Audio Devices in the Audacity menu bar.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Mac OS X