Seeking help with Distorted audio sound quality!

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Seeking help with Distorted audio sound quality!

Permanent link to this post Posted by Rockytx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:48 am

Audacity 2.1.2
El Capitan 10.11.16

Thank you in advance for you help. I did an interview for my podcast using Zoom Conferencing. I used a Yeti Mic. (After looking on this site, I now know I shouldn't record my voice through the mic connected to the computer with zoom. Ugh. Lesson learned.) The audio of the interviewer is bearable, but my audio is no good. I can't ask the interviewer to redo the interview. Is there any way that I can salvage this and improve the sound quality in Audacity?
Attachments
Snippet of Interview.wav
This is a sample of the distorted sound.
(643.97 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Rockytx

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Seeking help with Distorted audio sound quality!

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:04 pm

I am not an audio engineer, but assuming the woman's voice is the problem I think the engineers would have answered by now if there was anything you could do.

I would recommend 44100 Hz sample rate next time though.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Mac OS X