System Audio Recorder not working

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: System Audio Recorder not working

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:10 am

NelleB wrote:My audacity system audio recorder

Again, that application is nothing to do with us.

Macs do not intend you to record computer playback, so any application that tries to do this has to go through a lot of hoops.

Having different applications trying to record computer playback in competition with each other is a terrible idea and probably why none of them work. So uninstall all of these applications except one, and then try each one. I would just get rid of Apowersoft if you have not already do so.

You may need to uninstall kernel extensions to get properly rid of any of these. See the documentation that came with the application. Mac System Report (Apple Menu > About This Mac) might be able to tell you who claims to make the apps other than Soundflower.

If you want to get properly rid of Soundflower 2.0.b2 (perhaps to try installing it again) I think the commands to run in the Terminal are:
Code: Select all
sudo kextunload /Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext

You will have to enter your admin password.

When the unload is successful
Code: Select all
sudo rm -r /Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Previous

Return to Mac OS X