Noise Gate Issue

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at http://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Noise Gate Issue

Permanent link to this post Posted by jfrenaye » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:21 am

I downloaded the nyquist noise gate plug in and installed it per the instructions. Moved the file to the Applications-->Audactity-->Plugins folder.

I can see the file (9kb) there.

I have restarted Audacity but do not see it in my Effects. If I go to the add/remove effects, I also do not see it in there.

More odd behavior...after I placed the file in the plugin folder, it seems like many of my effect options have disappeared. I use only a few, so I do not know which ones, but there used to be (I believ) Nyquist plugins at the bottom of that list that are no longer there.

In the add remove effects box, there is one for NYQUIST and when I enable that it never seems to take.

Any suggestions?
jfrenaye

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Noise Gate Issue

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:25 am

As a guess I'd say that it sounds like the same problem as described (and resolved) here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=95137
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Senior Forum Staff

Operating System: Linux Debian

Return to Mac OS X