Cannot Export Multiple all files [SOLVED]

OS X 10.12.3 on MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 4Gb Ram

Hello all, it’s been a few years since I’ve been here so hope alls well… :slight_smile:

I managed to get hold of a dvd rip of the Genesis Mama Tour video so thought I’d rip the sound track into flac to make a disc for in the car.

It originally came as VOB files so I converted it to .mkv for ease of use and uploaded it to Audacity. The sound format was 5.1 surround (6 mono tracks). I marked and named the tracks, set the Audacity import/export preferences to use custom mix, then Export Multiple, Flac level 8, 24bit and finally Split files based on labels

The first 8 tracks copied over without a hitch but then I got an error message stating the final four tracks had failed to copy.

The first 8 tracks amounted to a little under 800 MB and the HDD I’m using has 165Gb free.

Has anyone got any pointers as to what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance

What were the label names? Did any of them contain the slash (“/”) character?
– Bill

Yes!..two of the tracks are kind of medleys…could this be the thorn in my ass?

Audacity 2.1.2 and earlier will fail on an Export Multiple on Mac if the label contains a “/” character. Change it to something else and try again.

– Bill

It worked like a charm!..

Bill, the gift of giving is not lost on you…you’re the stuff of heroes and legends :smiley:

Seriously though, you made my day and I’m very grateful…Thanks !