Playback stuck as built-in output!! [SOLVED]

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Playback stuck as built-in output!! [SOLVED]

Permanent link to this post Posted by Greyslate » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:41 pm

So i've recorded some intro music for my podcast, now i want to record and intro vocal over the top. the issue is that the playback comes out of my macbook speakers and is therefore picked up by my desktop mic! I have headphones plugged into my Blue Yeti desktop mic, my sound settings on the mac are set to input and output as this mic, but the playback dropdown in Audacity doesn't give me the option to add this mic i just get built-in output or Airplay. Please help! Thanks
Greyslate

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Re: Playback stuck as built-in output!!

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Transport > Rescan Audio Devices to see the Yeti. Audacity does not automatically detect devices you plug in after Audacity is already running.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Playback stuck as built-in output!! [SOLVED]

Permanent link to this post Posted by Greyslate » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Amazing, thank you. Don't know why that answer was so hard to find, life saver (slightly dramatic)!
Greyslate

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Mac OS X