Air pods not syncing with audacity HELP

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Air pods not syncing with audacity HELP

Permanent link to this post Posted by cemachek » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:18 pm

So I was in a coffee shop today and I just wanted to work on my audacity recordings with my new iphone air pods. However, when I went to listen, my air pods would not connect to my audacity recordings. I tried everything I could, but there was not even an option for me to choose my air pods as a out put source. Can you please help me? The air pods have no problem connecting to my iphone, and to my macbook pro and itunes and they were a gift. I would like to be able to use them as well as keep other strangers in the coffee shop from listening to my recordings. Please help. I feel like technology doesnt like me : (
cemachek

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Air pods not syncing with audacity HELP

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm

They mount as a bluetooth device, right? Can you see them in Mac System Preferences?

Apple (upper left) > System Preferences > Sound.

Put them in, connect them, make sure they work and then Start Audacity. Look for them in the Audacity Device Toolbar.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/device_toolbar.html

Audacity checks for devices when it starts. You can also Transport > Rescan...

They could be sticky because they're both earphones and microphone, right? I don't know how the Mac deals with that. Being wireless could be messy, too. I don't know how the Mac deals with a ratty connection.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by cemachek » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:08 am

Yes I can see them in the sound system on my computer and connect them, but when I start audacity, they are no there and there are no drop down options for them. So you think there is no way for audacity to connect?
cemachek

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:02 pm

cemachek wrote:Yes I can see them in the sound system on my computer and connect them, but when I start audacity, they are no there and there are no drop down options for them. So you think there is no way for audacity to connect?

Audacity doesn't support bluetooth all that well. And you might have an old version of Audacity - you didn't give your version. See the pink panel at the top of the page.

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by cemachek » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:18 am

I have 2.1.2 and a macbook pro 2013 with op system macOS Sierra 10.12.3
cemachek

Permanent link to this post Posted by prowsej » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:45 pm

I am having the same issue. I find that Adobe Audition works - my AirPods show up as an option on the output devices there. But in Audacity this bluetooth device doesn't show up as an option and choosing "built-in output" doesn't work. I'm using the most recent version of MacOS with Audacity 2.1.1.
prowsej

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:50 pm

prowsej wrote:I am having the same issue. I find that Adobe Audition works - my AirPods show up as an option on the output devices there. But in Audacity this bluetooth device doesn't show up as an option and choosing "built-in output" doesn't work. I'm using the most recent version of MacOS with Audacity 2.1.1.

Please put numbers to the most recent version of macOS, for complete clarity. 10.12.3 ?

Gale
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:07 pm

cemachek wrote:Yes I can see them in the sound system on my computer and connect them, but when I start audacity, they are no there and there are no drop down options for them. So you think there is no way for audacity to connect?

Does it help, each time before launching Audacity, to go to System Sound Preferences and reselect AirPods as default output device (even if already selected)?

Gale
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Permanent link to this post Posted by cemachek » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 am

no it still didn't do anything by selecting air pods
cemachek

Permanent link to this post Posted by nachocab » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Any update on this? I'm suffering from the same problem
nachocab

Return to Mac OS X