Weird echo/reverb when recording audio from my computer

Hello everyone! First time posting, long time user of Audacity. I’m using the most recent version (2.1.2) and I used the .dmg installer. I’ve recently started to experience a reverb or echoing sound whenever I record audio or music from my computer to Audacity. I use Soundflower, and I’ve tried other various methods but none seem to work. I’ve been able to record successfully before, but this issue just came up. Could anyone offer some advice? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Audacity, but the problem still exists. :frowning:

Thanks so much!

whenever I record audio or music from my computer to Audacity.

We could use some detail there. Are you playing some media on your computer and trying to record it, are you recording YouTube or are you trying to capture game sound? Fill in the hole.

Koz

Reinstalling Audacity never changes your settings on Mac. If you want to reset, quit Audacity, open Finder, use Go > Go to Folder and type or paste:

~/Library/Application Support/audacity/

In that “audacity” folder, delete the file “audacity.cfg”.

If Transport > Software Playthrough was the problem, the reset of settings will fix that by turning playthrough off.

Gale

@Koz Yes, I’m playing media (music) on my computer from a website, and I’m trying to record it.

Hmm… I already deleted the .cfg file though. But I’ll try turning Software Playthrough off and see what happens. I’m just confused why it’s acting up now because it’s always been fine before.