ClipFix Effect is missing [SOLVED]

I am new here. I was previously using Audacity 2.0.6. I upgraded to 2.1.2 (using the .dmg installer). I’m running macOS Sierra 10.12.3. Let me also state that I am NOT a proficient user of Audacity by any means! In version 2.0.6 I was able to use the clip fix effect. It appears that this effect is gone in 2.1.2? It’s not even an option for me to choose under add/remove plug-ins. Did this go away or am I missing something? I see that under the Analyze tab you can “Find Clipping” but it seems I can’t really do anything about it. Looking for advice/help here.

Keith

Nevermind…after some serious digging I found a related thread that resolved the issue. See below

Re: Nyquist effects missing

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 am
There are three possible solutions that have been reported to work.

The easiest but least likely - reboot.

Or right-click or CONTROL-click over Audacity.app, click “Show Package Contents”, expand the “Contents” and “MacOS” folders then double-click the “Audacity” shell application. The Terminal will open then Audacity will launch.

Or it’s possible that files in the Audacity app have the xattribute “xattr com.apple.quarantine” set. This means that Gatekeeper blocks them. To fix it, open a Terminal (Applications > Utilities : Terminal.app) then type or paste:

Code: Select all
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Audacity/

and hit ENTER on your keyboard. Type your admin password (you won’t see it on the screen) then hit ENTER again.

Please let us know if this helps (and the answer to Steve’s question about whether this is a first installation of Audacity). Also is Sierra an upgrade over a previous version of Mac OS X?

Gale

Thanks for letting us know. The upcoming Audacity 2.1.3 will be codesigned with an Apple Developer ID and with some other precautions this problem should not happen when launching Audacity. It might still happen when closing project windows.

Gale