export (mp3) "remaining time" keeps going up!!!

Hello! I’m a first-time user of audacity and have recorded and edited a 1-hour podcast; one track of voice and a bit of intro/outtro music. I have downloaded and installed the LAME application. When trying to export to MP3, the “time remaining” counter has climbed as high as 70+ hours and is continuing to climb!!! I’m perplexed. I let it run for several minutes and am unsure if something might be wrong. All the research tells me it should be half hour or so to export. I’m using a new MACbook Air. Is it actually going to take this long to export? I tried exporting it as a WAV file to test and am getting the same issues. If someone could please help I’d be most grateful. Also, I’m not the most technically advanced… but I’m stubborn and need to sort this out. Thank you so much! (note: have started and restarted my system, have also started and restarted the export. Most recent attempt has been running for 4 minutes and it’s up over 74 hours.

Have you had the Air for a while?

Go (top bar) > Computer > Control-Click on the little hard drive icon toward the left > Get INFO.

Read the Capacity and Available.

Click on or scroll around the attached graphic

Koz
Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 20.54.35.png

It’s a known bug that the export progress bar is incorrect if one track is much shorter than the other. See the 2.1.2 Release Notes. Ignore the time it shows you and the export will complete in reasonable time. Or Edit > Select > All and Tracks > Mix and Render, assuming you are exporting the finished product with intro and voice.

Please don’t forget to tell us what version of Audacity you are using. See the pink panel at the top of the page.

Gale

I had exactly the same problem!!! The only way I got around it was to dump the file and start over, so, I’m sure it was something I did wrong, as I
remember being confused at the time. (That’s normal when you’re a senile citizen.)

Curley 1/29@1807hrs.