trouble with mute and solo buttons disappearing from tracks

Hi, I am on Mac OS X version 10.7.4 and using Audacity 2.0.2

Sometimes I can see the mute and solo buttons for the individual tracks, and sometimes they disappear. I can’t seem to find any way to make them show up via the menus or keyboard shortcuts when they’ve disappeared. Is there a way to do that? Also, it seems that they disappear when there are more than 10 tracks in the project and I have used “Fit Vertically”; when I delete tracks to about 10 then I can see the buttons again. Is there a limit to how many tracks I can have? Are the buttons just not available if I have more than a certain number of tracks?

Thanks for any help!

You mean in the View menu?

I don’t think that they have “disappeared”, I think that you’ve made the track height so small that there is not room to display them.
To check if this is correct, click on the bottom edge of a track and drag the edge downward to expand the height of the track.

Thank you!! I had tried that earlier and it didn’t let me drag the track down to expand it but I apparently wasn’t clicking on the right section. It works when I have the mouse under the waveform instead of under the track info on the far left. Thanks again!