Music Track as Background

I recorded a podcast using Spreaker which included a music track. The volume of the music track is much to high and I want to reduce, or delete, it using Audacity but can’t acquire the music track only. I have two tracks showing on the board but they seem to be the same. I am using Audacity 2.0.1 on Mac Lion 10.7.4

Thanks,

John

If you have a mixed stereo show there is no way to split off different parts, voices, or instruments in post production. Our silly joke is taking the chocolate back out of a cake.

If you can’t control the volume of the backing track, can you make your voice louder? You do have to be careful and not overload or distort the voice. That’s permanent. Overload can kill a show.

Are you sure there’s no way to affect the balance inside the software?

Koz

I want to reduce, or delete, it using Audacity

Is this a complicated way to say you want to record the show with no music at all? Can you plug the mic directly into the computer? Koz

Try the console
Spreaker provides you with a user-friendly console to manage voice, special effects, and your music library.

Koz

The built-in microphone on a Mac is usually not dreadful. You can use that with Audacity and even mix in music and effects later without Spreaker. I’ve used the built-in mic for temporary sound tracks for video production. Koz

Koz, as far as I know there is no way I can change volumes once the recording is made in Spreaker. I had the music at low volume but not low enough! I am using an AudioTechnica microphone and a previous recording, without music, was really good quality. A representative of Spreaker recommended Audacity as a way to “tweak” the music.

Thanks!

A representative of Spreaker recommended Audacity as a way to “tweak” the music.

They’ve never tried it. You’re in the same boat with people who post wanting to take the TV out of the background of their podcast. That’s one of the guaranteed ways to kill your show.

I would so use your microphone with Audacity and record your voice, putting in the music and other production later.

Koz