Unable to find USB Microphone in Audacity

I am trying to use a USB microphone with Audacity. In my attempt:
I am using an iMac 2.7Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB memory with Lion 10.7.4.
I downloaded Audacity 2.0.0 dmg file from: http://audacityteam.org/
I have exited the Audacity 2.0.0 program
I have gone to Mac’s “System Preferences/Sound/Input” and selected “USB VoIP Device” the mic “Input Level” meter registers my spoken voice.
I have opened Audacity and opened “Preferences:Devices.” The Recording Device does not list the USB mic as an option.
I have also looked at the “Input Selector” which only shows “Built in Microphone” and “Built in Input.”
Would someone please let me know what I might be doing wrong or have overlooked? Thanks.

You were very clear and you hit everything but one. What’s the microphone?
Koz

My Logitech webcam shows up in both System Preferences and Audacity Preferences and the Devices Toolbar and I can record my voice.
Koz

Try connecting the microphone before you launch Audacity.
If you start Audacity first you will need to “Rescan Audio Devices” (Transport menu).

I am not certain that the brand name/mic type is all that important if it is simply a USB device (which it is EAD u37). However, although I had audacity turned off on the lower icon bar when I attached the mic, I was not able to see the mic in the “Input Selector” when I turned Audacity back on. However, however, THANKS STEVE, I did not notice the “Rescan Audio Devices” in the “Transport” menu. That worked!! I’m off and running. Thanks Koz and Steve!!

It can be.
There’s a few oddball USB mics that require special drivers.
I don’t think anyone has ever posted too much information.
Glad you’re up and running :wink: