Ruler is too condensed

Help for Audacity 2.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of OS X you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from Audacity > About Audacity and whether you obtained the .dmg installer or the zip.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade here. The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Ruler is too condensed

Permanent link to this post Posted by Audio » Tue May 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Audacity 2.0 from dmg
OS 10.6.8

My time ruler is so compressed that an hour of music is contained within a few horizontal inches.
I would like to expand the ratio so that only a few minutes show at a time, not a few hours.
Much like is shown in the manual and tutorials.
My ruler is too compressed, too much time in too little lateral space.

So where is the control for how to expand or compress the time ruler?

Much thanks.

I have tried to paste a picture, but was unsuccessful. Is it possible to paste graphics in this forum?
Audio

Re: Ruler is too condensed

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Tue May 22, 2012 4:32 pm

We know what you want.

You can use the Zoom tools. Drag-Select a small portion of the show and Zoom To Selection Command-E. Zoom back out Full with Command-F. Zoom out slightly with Command-3. There are more and you can look them up, but I use those three so much I'm wearing out the keys.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Re: Ruler is too condensed

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Sun May 27, 2012 4:31 am

Audio wrote:Is it possible to paste graphics in this forum?

You can attach images and various audio and document formats up to 1 MB in size. Please see viewtopic.php?p=176977#p176977 .

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Return to Mac OS X