burning music files to CD

I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8 and Audacity 2.0 installed from dmg. I have successfully recorded a total of 12 songs from an old tape cassette. I was able to hear the music while it recorded and the waveform appeared to be ok. I saved the file and have exported it both as a wav file and an aiff file. I am able to play both types of files on the computer. I have made several attempts to burn these files to a disk without success. The files show up on the disk but I cannot get any sound when I play the disk. I also have the files saved as aup files and the data which I am not clear on their importance or use.

This is my first attempt at working with Audacity so there is a good chance that I am doing something wrong and not realize it. I have transferred files from CD disk to the computer and made playlists in iTunes then burned them onto a CD disk successfully.

I would be grateful for any help that anyone can provide. I am attempting to transfer songs from some old commercially produced cassettes as well as a number of self produced cassettes that contain music that just is no longer available and cannot be produced again.

I have transferred files from CD disk to the computer and made playlists in iTunes then burned them onto a CD disk successfully.

Right. So you already know the basics of making a Mac produce a Music CD.

Open your new music files (either AIFF or WAV) in iTunes, drag them to a playlist, and burn the playlist to a Music CD.

The AUP file and _DATA folder is an Audacity Project. You need that if you’re editing the soundtrack to a movie.

Koz

Thanks Kozikowski. I hoped that I was missing something simple and you were bang on in your solution.