Is there anyway to Unfade / Defade out the ending of a song?

Hey all
I have a stereo track (from mp3) that fades out at the end that, that I would like to be able to boost the curve of the fade out back up to normal volume levels at the end. So that it doesnt sound like it fades out at all. It will end up sounding like it just stops. Is this possible using audacity? Perhaps by using something form the effect menu so that you place a start point when it starts to fade out and then another at the end of the song. You could also perhaps tell it to match the volume level from another specific part of the song.

Any ideas?
I know this is a bit of a weird request by the way :slight_smile:

You can try using the Envelope tool to reduce the initial volume throughout and raise it at the end - see: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Envelope_Tool.

WC

If the song fades to silence then it will be impossible to “un-fade” it completely. To completely unfade you need to amplify each part of the fade so as to restore it to the pre-fade level, but at the very end of the fade the level is zero (silence) or just low level noise, and you can’t get back the original sound from nothing.

If the fade is a “linear” fade (if the amplitude decreases at a constant rate), then you can modify the fade so that it remains fairly constant for longer by applying this code in the “Nyquist Prompt” effect:

(mult s (pwev 1 1 pi))