Fast Track Pro setup help. Getting error message

I have used audacity with a windows vista laptop, but just got a brand new MacBook Pro and have downloaded audacity v 2.0 and the driver for OS X 10.7.3. When trying to record in Audacity, I am getting the following error message: “Error while opening sound device. Please check input device settings and the project sample rate.”

Any help would be appreciated!

Specs below:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.68f98
Serial Number (system): C1MHF3PCDV14
Hardware UUID: 34C4EF31-A10D-5515-9C98-2FE998F54038
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabledf

That error message means you need to set the sample rate and format in Audacity to be the same as on the FastTrack Pro.

In the Finder open Audio MIDI Setup (it is in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder).

On this page http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/User:BillWharrie/OSX_and_USB_input_devices scroll down to “Using Audio MIDI Setup”. I don’t have a FastTrack Pro so I don’t know how it will appear in Audio MIDI Setup. In any case, make it the “device to use for sound input”, then set the “Format” to whatever the device supports. Make note of the values. Then open Audacity, go to Audacity menu > Preferences > Quality and make the Default Sample Rate and Default Sample Format the same as the FastTrack Pro.

– Bill

Thank you Bill. That succeeded in allow me to record without the error message, but the recording is quite distorted. Any oher ideas?

Bryce