Exporting to specific bitrate MP3 in 2.1.x

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to export to MP3 with the Lame DLL, but I can only export at 128 kbps for some reason.
I found a lot of topics about this, and one about 2.1.x where it sounded like you should get the option to choose bitrate while exporting.

I only get the option to select file types though, not bitrates. I could choose MP3 or Wav or about 10 other file types or options, and when I choose a file name and click Save I can set the ID3 tags, but that’s all the options I get.
I also tried going through the settings of course, but I can’t set bitrate there either.

If somebody has an old topic with the same question, I know there must be many, that would be great. But buried between all the topics with the same question about older versions of Audacity I couldnd’t find it.

Oms

The current version of Audacity is 2.2.2, and you can get it via the Audacity website: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/
With the current version of Audacity, provided that LAME is installed then to export as MP3, it’s just “File menu > Export > Export as MP3”, and the options are displayed in the export dialog.