Can Audacity play with effects without recording?

Hi. I am looking for a program to use with a microphone that adds audio effects and an amplifier. The instrument will be a blues harmonica. I do not need to record every file because I want the sounds to play through my PC just to practice. Can Audacity do this? If not, can someone recommend software that does… preferably free or open source… If were rich, I wouldn’t have the blues. :sunglasses:

Just registered, I hope you can understand my language. I don’t speak British English, only American English… Ha - that never gets old. :laughing: Thank you!

I’ll see what I can do to address y’all’s problems.

Audacity doesn’t do anything in real time except some timing functions. It’s a post production editor. So this isn’t going to be a good fit.

Maybe someone else will post with other program ideas.

Koz

Thank you for the reply kozikowski.

I kept searching and found the right tool i’m looking for. If anyone is interested it’s called BlueDadi Harmonica Recording Software. It not only lets you record but play without recording too. It’s got overdrive and lots of other effects just for the harmonica. It’s 100% Free, designed by blues harp player Professor John Shirley.