please see log and and help open a project

all the other projects open but this one. I did a “remove special …silence audio” at the beginning first few seconds of the project. No backup. Tried recovery but rebooted before reading about recovery options. Can I create a new project aup with old data set? It seems to be having trouble parsing and finding certain program files.
All projects are on the same external flash drive but the program is installed on the C: drive. Creating a new project is not an option since source audio no longer available.
Windows 7 and Audacity version 2.1.0…
Thanks in advance
Bruce
log.txt (1.86 KB)

at the beginning first few seconds of the project. No backup. Tried recovery

You went straight from describing the beginning of the process to the end. What did you do in the middle? Are you using Audacity 2.2.1? Did you File > Save As: after application of your silence tool??

Can I create a new project aup with old data set?

If this is an edit, no. That’s the end of the world.

You can sometimes recover a raw capture Project without the AUP Project Manager file. Edited Projects are not recoverable.

It’s recommended that you create a sound file backup of any original work and move it to a safe place. Export > WAV (Microsoft) 16-bit. It is not recommended that you save a Project after a performance and then force corrections onto that one project.

Koz

Most of the log has to do with listings of add-on software. It’s only the last sentence or so that’s important. It claims a damaged or missing AUP file—which is old news.

Koz