Audacity Stopping

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Audacity Stopping

Permanent link to this post Posted by Littlelady3369 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi there,
I've just recently purchased a new Sweetwater PC that came pre-installed with Audacity 2.1.2 and I've only just began to use it. I've gotten partially through a new recording project and it just stopped playing and started bouncing or like a record was skipping and going no where. It messes up my windows 10 program and I can't even access the shut down or reset button so I have to manually reset my PC. Audacity begins again but when I try to continue with the recording I was doing, it does the same thing over and over again. any idea what's up with this?
Littlelady3369

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Audacity Stopping

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:45 pm

"Crashing" is usually a hardware/driver-related problem.

What are you recording from? The mic built-into a laptop? A USB audio interface? Streaming audio? Etc.?
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows