Problem when recording multiple tracks

Hello! I have used audacity for years and never had this problem. See the thing is when I record one track… no problems, everything sounds like it’s supposed to, but when I record the next track the new track sounds distorted (usually a lot of clicking and complete tone change to the track). I record through a Line 6 UX1 and like I said never been any problems using this setup.

One side note is that I’m using a new computer, but it is set up just like my old one. If anyone have some suggestions it will be most appreciated and questions are welcome too if it can help clear up this problem.

Thanks!

but when I record the next track the new track sounds distorted

Are you playing both tracks together?

…Mixing is done by summation and the mixed tracks will [u]clip[/u] if you don’t leave headroom. If you are mixing two tracks, Amplify or Normalize each track for -6dB peaks (50%) before mixing. If you are mixing more tracks, reduce more. Alternatively, you can export to floating-point (which can go over 0dB without clipping), re-import and normalize. Note that although the floating-point file itself won’t clip, you can clip your DAC when you play it.