some MP3 contents unable to heard

I just Rip some contents of English listening contents and transferred to USB drive to be played in the plug-in speaker. I just found out that some of the contents are mute or become too soft unable to be heard., especially the listening for alphabet pronunciation, the quality is so poor and hardly to hear anything. just like to know if i amplify the track will that be better, or is there any other solution.
Or could it be the issue of the speaker itself which cant detect brisk or short voice??
sorry that i am quite new doing audio editing, hope u guys understand my issue faced…
thanx

Ripping it from what? How does the original sound? If the MP3 sounds worse than the original try a higher quality (higher bitrate) setting.

If the quality of the original is poor, there may not be much you can do.

\Amplification may help, but you may have to select & amplify just the quiet parts to prevent clipping (distortion) on the parts that are already loud.

You can also try using the Equalizer effect to boost the higher frequencies. This will bring-out the “T” and “S” sounds to help with intelligibility.

some of the contents are mute or become too soft unable to be heard.

That may be the phrase that pays. Was the original work in stereo? You’re listening on a single speaker, right?

The original show may have been recorded with a damaged or mis-adjusted microphone.

If the original is a stereo show (two blue soundwaves), you can do a test to find out what happened.

Use the drop-down menu to the left of the track > Split Stereo Track.

Select one of the two by clicking just right of the up arrow.

Effect > Invert

Top Track Dropdown Menu > Make stereo track.

Now take it through your normal production process and see if that helps. If it does, you may be able to do that to all the stereo tracks.

Fair warning if the work is a complex production with multiple voices and sounds, this may just changed the problem to other parts of the show. In that case, the only solution is to listen in stereo—two speakers or two-ear headphones.

Or you could edit and recut the whole show fixing only the parts that sound funny.

Koz

Oh, there is another way. Again, assuming a stereo show, Drop-down menu > Split Stereo to Mono. [X] delete one of the two tracks.

Koz

i am ripping from cda file…the original sound should be in good quality as it is used for listening exercise and test…

i will try your recommendation…

thnx fr advice…:slight_smile:

i split to mono and amplify and treble to 10db, all the pronunciation could be heard but got some zz sound at the end of every sound, suspected clipping factor, will do some adjustment, any more suggestion or idea??

anyway thnx for your advice