Laptop becomes Microphone

New in the field of sound. Audacity 2.2.1. The software is our Toshiba laptop Satelite C870 with Windows 10 Home Version 1703 Intelceleron CPU B830 Soundcard Intel Display audio Realtek High Definition Audio.
The problem. When I work with Audacyti I hear all the surrounding sound on the headphones. The whole is a bad microphone. I was also difficult to turn off the laptop.
I connected a keyboard to the laptop with midi usb 1in / 10ut interface from tie-products.com.

The problem. When I work with Audacyti I hear all the surrounding sound on the headphones.

You can select a recording device from the [u]Device Toolbar[/u].

I connected a keyboard to the laptop with midi usb 1in / 10ut interface from tie-products.com.

Audacity is NOT a MIDI application. Does your interface support audio and MIDI?

If you can’t get it to work, please give us the model number of your interface and maybe a link to the specs.

As above, MIDI isn’t music. My musical keyboards have MIDI and then headphones, so I adapted the headphone connection to my recorders.

This can be an adventure because most laptops, including Macs don’t have stereo Line-In connections any more.

For those conditions, I use a Behringer UCA202 whose job it is to get good quality stereo in and out of a computer.

Koz

Thanks in advance.
A bit stiff with the Audacitye and the laptop and what appears when I press the red recording button is already recorded sound.
There are no devices connected to it. So the Yamaha keyboard and the midi usb 1in / out interface from tie-products.com have nothing to do with it.

I now realize, in the screen of the laptop is a lens and two holes that could be microphones.
Would Audacyti use it. Can you turn that off somewhere?

MME is shown in the bar. Mic Realtek High and 2 recording channels.

The laptop is dated and has a microphone and a headphone connection.

Would you be grateful if you could find out if this could work.

Google translate helps me to make this message.

Just a supplement. In device management of Windows Audio-In and Output the microphone turned off. No effect.
Toshiba is also quite present with software that is hidden could it get in the way?

disable built-in microphone(s) via Windows recording devices

Audacity does not understand MIDI from your keyboard.
You need a line-out signal from the keyboard, (not midi),
and a line-in socket on the computer, (or an adapter to convert a USB socket into line-in socket).

Thanks. It was a search. Roll the arrow up symbol at the bottom right of the screen,
speaker symbol right mouse button, menu recording devices.
Audacity is no longer a microphone and further looking for sound from the Yamaha.