pause button is not working in the new version

I put a similar post on earlier my pause button is not working on the new version. When I did download the latest version several days ago I get the pop up saying I need the winzip software in order to use this upgrade this new version well my trial winzip has expired and I didn’t want to do this cause I didn’t think I had the money but now I thought well one time cost may not to bad so thought well I will try on more time to get new version of Audacity well I did download the top link on the list I do have Windows well when I download it I didn’t have to buy the winzip over all but still have trouble with the pause button it will not pause on the recording just on the play. I hope someone can help cause I really do need a software for this I don’t want to pay when I get can it free.

Winzip is NOT required for Audacity.
Perhaps you accidentally clicked on an advert, or went to the wrong website.

The download page for Audacity / Windows is here: Audacity ® | Download for Windows
LEFT CLICK on the text link "Audacity 2.2.2 installer (19.31 MB, includes help files)
This will open the download page on FossHub (our content distribution provider), and the download should automatically prompt you to save or open “audacity-win-2.2.2.exe”.
SAVE the file to your downloads folder.
When the download is complete, double click on the “audacity-win-2.2.2.exe” file to start the installation.

During the installation, look out for the option to “Reset Preferences”. Select that option.

At the end of the installation, you will be prompted to launch Audacity.

On first launch of Audacity, you will be asked to confirm that you want to reset preferences. Confirm and continue. Resetting preferences will reset any keyboard shortcuts that may be messed up.

Thank you I didn’t see that option I overlook it my pause button will now work. If I have any problems with this will let you know. AS for the winzip I did look at the software links and yes there is a link but it is zipped and therefore you have to have that software. Again THANKS ALOT FOR THIS HELP.

Billy

Windows 10 has built-in support for ZIP files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028088/windows-zip-and-unzip-files