Just set up AT-LP60 USB turntable - but no sound from laptop

I just set up my new AT-LP60 USB turntable, set correctly (I thought) the laptop and Audacity settings and was eagerly looking forward to some new albums on digital. However, although I see the sound input from the turntable in Audacity fine as my album plays, there’s no sound coming from my laptop - so I don’t know if it’s working correctly or not.

I’ve troubleshot this no-audio problem until I’m blue in the face and still nothing. This software is horribly un-intuitive, and the instructions that came with it are just as bad. I’ve wasted most of my off-day trying to figure this out to the point that I’m ready to drop this turntable in the trash can and buy a different brand. I use Windows 10 on my laptop, btw, and there are no external speakers.

I’m recording an album, and when it got to the end of one side I was going to pause it while I flipped it. But the pause button did nothing and it just continued to record. Unless I wanted to start all over I had to let it keep recording, flip sounds and all.

so I don’t know if it’s working correctly or not.

If the meters are moving and you’re getting a waveform, it’s working.

there’s no sound coming from my laptop

Turn on [u]Software Playthrough[/u]

But the pause button did nothing and it just continued to record. Unless I wanted to start all over I had to let it keep recording, flip sounds and all.

I don’t know why it didn’t pause. Are you using the latest version (2.2.1) or are you using an older version that came with the turntable? But, no problem… Audacity is an audio editor and you can edit that out. :wink:

This software is horribly un-intuitive, and the instructions that came with it are just as bad

You’re using a computer! :smiley: :smiley: There are different computers with different hardware, lots of different ways of doing things, and lots of wrong ways to do things on a computer. And, Audacity isn’t just a recording program. It’s an audio recording and editing program. If you are new to this, you have to learn the concepts, the terminology, and a new application… That’s a lot to learn!

It can be frustrating getting started, once you get it figured-out it shouldn’t be too bad.

I’m ready to drop this turntable in the trash can and buy a different brand

I don’t think the turntable is the problem.