Audio became silent unintentionally

Dear Audacity Forum,

So this is my first post on this forum because I’m having issues with a track of music on Audacity. So, I was going to be recording a part of the track, so I muted my other tracks. No problem, right? Well, I ended up just saving it, as I didn’t get to recording, and not unmuting each track, and closed out. But when I pulled it back up the next day, each and every piece of audio became pure silence, and nothing seemed to play back. No amplification, nothing. I also get a statement saying there are 2 orphan blocks, but they do not affect anything. I didn’t do anything with the song since I didn’t think about posting on the forum until now, so I ended up putting it on my removable hard drive. The song still has the same issues, and I haven’t been able to figure out to get it fixed.

Audacity 2.1.2

Sincerely,
-zaridaxe

I assume that the lack of response is because no-one knows why this happened. From your description, nothing stands out to me either.
I would however suggest that you update Audacity. The current version is 2.2.2 and is available here: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/