How to adjust multiple gains at once?

Hello -

I’m working on several songs that have a large number of tracks involved. Over time I’ve adjusted various gains to the point that the tracks are drowning each other out, so I want to change the gain to zero for all tracks and adjust individual volumes from scratch. Is there some way to adjust all the track gains at once, rather than having to go through each track and manually adjusting (which would take quite a bit of time)? Thanks.

several songs that have a large number of tracks involved.
I’ve adjusted various gains to the point that the tracks are drowning each other out

I personally would not be editing several songs at once. But if you are, you can make really good use of the MUTE and SOLO buttons to the left of each track.

Depends on how you adjusted the gains. If you used the sliders to the left of each track, you can slide them all back to zero (middle). From then on, you can group change volume by Shift-Selecting each track and Effect > Amplify or Normalize. I know Amplify has the ability to force a specific volume change. Like add 3dB.

Select a track by clicking just right of the up arrow on the left. This may not work so hot if you have a million tracks.

Did I get what you want? It’s a little scrambled.

Please note it’s a very New User mistake to edit original tracks. If Audacity went into the mud right his second and took your edit with it, do you have backups of all your original songs or other work?

Koz