Using Audacity with OBS (beginner)

Hi
I am a beginner with Audacity and new to the forums
I want to record some songs for uploading to Youtube; and I have been using OBS to make the videos
I am using just one mic to record an acoustic guitar and voice (no muti-tracking)

Is it possible to run my mic through Audacity and apply effects such as reverb so that the resulting OBS video has the audio effects?

Or if not any tips that would help me make videos with decent audio

Thanks

I’m not familiar with OBS.

Is it possible to run my mic through Audacity and apply effects such as reverb so that the resulting OBS video has the audio effects?

Audacity is an audio editor. It works on audio files… It can record but it doesn’t apply effects in real-time. (Generally you don’t want real-time effects while recording because they can’t be un-done.)

You can open an audio file (or an audio/video) file and then select Effect - Reverb. (And then of course, there are options for the reverb effect.)

Then File → Export to create a new-modified audio file.

Audacity is only an audio editor, so although it can (usually) open the audio from an audio/video file, you’ll need to use your video editor to re-combine the audio & video.

Most video editors can do some audio editing/processing and that can make things a lot easier (depending on what you need to do).

Depending on the OBS audio format, you may need the optional [u]FFmpeg Import/Export Library[/u].

Or if not any tips that would help me make videos with decent audio

That’s a “big question”. It all starts with a good recording… A good performance in a quiet “studio” with decent microphones and good mic placement. You can’t make a bad recording into a good recording with software… Sometimes you can make an improvement, and sometimes you can make a good recording into a great recording.