Help Please> trouble playing 192k flac files

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Help Please> trouble playing 192k flac files

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 am

Posts crossing.

Dougr33 wrote:Would I change it back to 192k before exporting the flac to maintain the higher bit rate?

Why not cut out one sample rate conversion and leave it at 96 kHz?
(96 kHz sample rate is good for frequencies well in excess of 40 kHz, which is double the upper frequency range of human hearing).
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Help Please> trouble playing 192k flac files

Permanent link to this post Posted by Dougr33 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am

steve wrote:Posts crossing.

Dougr33 wrote:Would I change it back to 192k before exporting the flac to maintain the higher bit rate?

Why not cut out one sample rate conversion and leave it at 96 kHz?
(96 kHz sample rate is good for frequencies well in excess of 40 kHz, which is double the upper frequency range of human hearing).

Well, I am recording these 192k steams successfully, and 'want to believe' it's worth it. I have a pretty good dac/amp.
Anyway.. I imagine after I trim, I can change the lower left box back to 192k if all I did was delete some of the file?

edit... that works fine. thanks.
Dougr33

Operating System: Please select

Previous

Return to Windows