iSK UC200 - is it supported

Hi there,
I have a nice XLR microphone that I used with my DAT recorder. I tried using it with Audacity on my Windows 7 laptop by plugging it into the microphone input with disastrous results - mostly because the built-in sound card and its preamp suck, not so much because of interfacing issues. Anyway, I’m looking for an external USB XLR interface that’s not hugely expensive. I looked at Behringer UM2, but people were having problems with formats and drivers. I just found this thing called “iSK UC200” recording interface. Has anyone used it and would it be compatible with Audacity?
Thanks!

I have not used it, but It should work. Almost all of these little USB interfaces (including the Behringer) are “class compliant” and they use the regular Microsoft-supplied drivers so they’ll work with any Windows audio application (just like any Windows printer works with any Windows word processor).

looked at Behringer UM2, but people were having problems with formats and drivers.

The Behringer stuff is obviously mass-manufactured at low cost (in China, I think) and you’re probably not going to find their products in pro recording studios. But, you can get a lot for your money and lots of people are happily using Behringer for home recording. And when you sell millions of something you’re going to have a few dissatisfied customers (and some defective products).