starting

Hello!
I have a new question.
If I save an Audacity file as audio (either the whole of the file or each track) as audio wav file, I want that the duration of each the wav file is exactly as long as the original file, although the Audacity file or at least most of the tracks start or end with silence. I want that the wav files always start with 0:00:000 of the original aup file. How can I make it sure it happens like that? Now, if I make an audio file, it always starts from the start of the sounds, not from original 0:00:000.

Add a little silence to all of the tracks, then the tracks remain in-sync when exported as individual WAV files…
Select all the tracks,(“Ctrl”+“A”), move the cursor to the start, (“J”), then generate, say, 0.1 seconds of silence.

Thank you for answer.

I have again a new question.

I have some recorded and mixed sounds which need correction.
Is there this kind of operation: “Filter (= make inaudible) frequencies which are under 200 Hz”?

“Rumble filter” …
a ''rumble filter'' equalization.png
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/equalization.html

Thank you for last answer. It was a great help. It leads to the next question, which is this:
Is it possible to make the frequency limits slide from situation of picture 1 to situation of picture 2 (for example during the minute from 05:00:000 to 06:00:000)?
I hope you see the pictures which I attached.
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png

The two equalizations.gif
Create two in-sync versions of your track, (to create an in-sync duplicate-track press “Ctrl”+“D”).
Apply one equalization curve to one version, apply the other equalization curve to the other version.
Then crossfade between the two tracks.

Hello.
I wish you a Happy Easter.
A friend has been helping me with synthetic sounds, for example sine-wave. The picture shows some of the curves on which all parameters of the project are based. The parameters are frequency, amplitude, wave form (sine…saw), resonance and cut-off. But now the friend is busy. Is there any way to use the curves with Audacity? Of course the curves are only a way to think about it, the essential thing is that all parameters glide and slide there own way.
Other questions: Does Audacity have a fast command which makes the cursor go exactly to the middle of the selection? Does Audacity have resonance and cut-off effects? Can waveform be modified (example: sine wave becomes gradually saw wave)? I don’t mean in this case cross-fade.
I hope you understood my questions.
Is This Possible.jpg

P.S. Perhaps my questions, which I wrote in Easter, were too difficult. But I think Mr Nyquist is answer to many of my questions. I must search my Lisp book. Can you please tell me the best possible website (URL) which has the manual about using Nyquist prompt?

There are plenty of free VSTi synthesizer plugins …

Now the bad news: they don’t work in Audacity.

How about Nyquist prompt? In which URL (www…) are the best instructions about using it?

Hello!
I have made many cross-fade operations, and now the amplitude sometimes becomes smaller, which is not the purpose. I think there is a different cross-fade Nyquist plugin (do you know?), but I don’t want to the same work again. Is there a tool for making the amplitude remain always the same? Other question: In one place the amplitude has a peak. Can it be corrected?
Jukka
Photo1.png
Photo2.png

See these two effects:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/crossfade_clips.html
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/crossfade_tracks.html

The former is the quicker / easier, and the second is the more complex and more flexible / powerful tool.

Hello again.

Thank you for answer. Please answer all 4 questions.

I used “crossfade tracks” many times yesterday and mixed everything to one track.

But the question is this:
How do I correct the mixed result (instead of doing one day of work again) to make the volume (= amplitude) remain always about the same?
When cross-fade is made, the mixed result is usually weak (= low amplitude) at the middle.

Another question:
About equalization: I would like to amplify a very narrow frequency area (something like 694…702 Hz) and make other frequencies nearly inaudible. How can I zoom EQ to amplify such an exact detail?

Still third question:
I have some recorded sounds from the streets. I have modified them in many ways, and often I transpose (change pitch=frequencies) the sounds much lower. But sometimes Audacity says something like this: “There is no space to make it lower anymore.” What space does Audacity mean? How can the material be made still lower in that situation?

Even fourth question:
I have been doing slow pitch shifting for example like this:
5.365 sec from beginning: pitch shift upwards starts
17.843 sec from beginning: pitch is now 0.325 semitones higher than the original tone and starts descending back to the original one
29.634 sec…: the original pitch
When the direction of pitch shift changes, especially 17.843 sec, Audacity does not make the result softly. The pitch and dynamics (= amplitude) make sudden unwanted steps. Is there a solution?
Do you know what i mean? A plugin, which has a long list of events and times, would be good, like this (under each time should be a sliding value):
Time (seconds from beginning) 6.387 18.049 25.398 41.476 47.981
Sliding (semitones) 0 0.328 0 -0.328 0
Is there that kind of plugin? I was thinking about using paulstretch without stretching at the turning points. Do you think it would help?
Jukka

P.S. Please answer.

While audacity is a terrific audio editor, and can even be used for quite complex multi-track projects, it is not the best tool for every audio job. For complex mixing tasks, another type of program called “real-time digital audio workstation software” (“DAW” for short) may be a better choice.

In audio editors like Audacity, when you apply an effect, the effect is applied to the selected audio and changes the audio data there and then (sort of WYSIWYG). This differs from how typical DAWs work. When you apply an effect in a DAW, the effect is not immediately applied to the audio data, the effect acts on the fly during playback without changing what’s in the track. This allows you to modify or remove effects at any time. Effects in DAWs are only applied to the actual track data when you mix the project down at the end and export the finished work.

Some common DAWs available for Windows include: Reaper, Sonar, Cubase, ProTools, and many more.

Note that when filtering audio, the “filter frequency” is not an absolute cut-off. (see: High-Pass Filter - Audacity Manual)
With the Equalization effect you can achieve a pretty steep cut-off response by increasing the “Size” parameter in the “Draw Curves” mode. For more information, see: Equalization - Audacity Manual

I don’t recognise that message. You will need to tell us precisely what the message says.

Not that I’m aware of, though if you are changing pitch and tempo together, then you could use a “Time Track” (see: Time Tracks - Audacity Manual)

Hello.
You wrote “If you change pitch and tempo tohether…”. I don’t change tempo. In my piece there is no tempo. There is only time-axis.

But I have a new question:
I want to do this kind of amplitude shifting to a long tone:
-40…-27…-5…-27…-40
Is there an easy way to do it? I have been thinking about making 2 tracks and mixing them, but it’s time-consuming.

Jukka

In the context of audio effects, "changing the tempo"just means “changing the speed without changing the pitch”.

Sounds like you need the Envelope Tool.

Good morning.
I have used random cutoff Nyquist effect to my sounds. I noticed that using click removal makes the wanted crispy sound effect even stronger. But unfortunately the amplitude becomes smaller. How can the change of amplitude be avoided?

Good morning.
I have used random cutoff Nyquist effect to my sounds. I noticed that using click removal makes the wanted crispy sound effect even stronger. But unfortunately the amplitude becomes smaller. How can the change of amplitude be avoided?