Multi artist albums not recognised

HI, I am very new to this subject, and struggling. I’m using Audacity 2.2.1 on windows 10. I’m recording cassettes onto my p.c. and saving them as wav’s as per the manual. All is fine with one artist albums, but when I record a compilation album, it isn’t recognised as an album, but each artist is listed individually. I have looked through the various previous posts, but cannot find a similar subject. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

it isn’t recognised as an album,

Not recognized by what? Windows Media Player? Generally, your audio/media player should allow you to select/sort by artist, album title, song title, genre, year, etc. So if all of the files are tagged with the same album name you should be able to select & play the album.

Note that metadata tagging is not widely supported for WAV files. It generally works better with MP3, AAC, FLAC, or almost any compressed format. (Some players require an add-on CODEC to support FLAC.)

Hi, Thank you for your quick response. I have tried saving the album to windows media player, the newer Groove music, and also MusicBee, all of them list the artists separately, although it does show which album they are associated with. The musicBee shows an unnamed album just titled all artists, which is not an expression I have used. I think I will just have to save as Mp3, and convert from there should I want to burn to disc. I shall also have to do some reading up on the terminology of this subject to understand the various types of labeling and saving. Many thanks, Don