USB Driver download (audacity 2.2.1)

Hi all: downloaded the 2.2.0 then 2.2.0 into Windows 7 but cassette player will plug n play. audacity software does not recognize it.
Any advice. link to driver needed. thanks

audacity software does not recognize it.

Audacity checks for new devices when it starts. So restart Audacity or Transport > Rescan.

Koz

Koz: Sorry for a mis-post…installed the 2.2.1 after 2.2.0 but computer does not recognize the cassette player as a plug n play. So I think I need a new driver installed. I did do a rescan as it says but no success.Also uninstalled and restalled the software several different ways but no success. thanks for your suggestions. dh

computer does not recognize the cassette player as a plug n play.

The computer or Audacity?

Win7
2017-11-26
Start > Control Panel > Sound > Recording.

Everything Windows Record doesn’t recognize becomes a “microphone.” Scroll or click the forum graphic if it doesn’t fit.
Win7SoundPanel.PNG
My USB stereo interface is selected and I’m playing music on it. That’s the bouncing green meter on the right. Do you get yours that far? You can close Audacity for this test.

Koz

Recording devices in Windows can be hidden if disabled/disconnected.
Here’s how to make them visible … http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-enable-all-recording-devices-in-windows

If a driver is needed Windows, will usually automatically download it, but you have to be connected to the internet for that to happen.