change pitch in vocal

I am having a similar problem with the change pitch effect. I have Windows 10 and version 2.2.1. It appears inconsistent, I am able to and then I am not. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern except for the fact that I worked on the program around 11 am yesterday and it was working and then when I went to demo it at 1 pm, it would do anything.

Miriam

Topic split.

We prefer to deal with each question in a separate forum thread because it quickly becomes very confusing if the issues are not identical.

Please give step by step instructions to reproduce the issue, and what exactly the problem is that we are looking for.

I am conducting and experiment where I need to present the vowel /a/ at three different pitches to participants. The pitches that will be presented will depend on the participant’s own average speaking pitch.

So, to accomplish this I have recorded my own voice saying the vowel /a/ and copied it twice to get three identical utterances on one track.

Then, I changed the pitch of two of the utterances so the participant will hear the same vowel but with three different pitches.

I saved this track with the three utterances.

Now, here is where it gets a little strange.

What I would like to do is highlight all three utterances and use the Change Pitch to modify the fundamental frequency to match that of the participant’s average speaking pitch. When I do this, I can do this once – or twice, but never a third time. It goes through the processing but t does not actually change the pitch (I am using the high-quality stretching).

So, I am wondering the following:

• Is there a limited number of times that a given track can have the Change Pitch effect performed on it?
  • Am I messing things up by performing the Change Pitch effect on the entire track where one utterance is the original and the other two utterances have had a Change Pitch effect on them already? In essence, I would be changing pitch once with one utterance and twice with the other two utterances.
  • Is there another way to accomplish this?

Thank you.