2 Versions of Audacity

I just updated my audacity. Now I have 2 versions on my computer. I have 2.1.3 and 2.2.1. Can the earlier version be deleted without problems?

I’m running Win 7 SP 1 x64 on a HP G62 laptop with an Intel Pentium P6100 2.0 ghz, also using IE11 for my browser.

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help received.

Dave

You can totally have more than one Audacity installed on your machine…
Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 17.03.56.png
…But I don’t know the proper spells for Windows 7. We should wait for a Windows elf.

Koz

Note you can only use one at a time.

Koz

There are reasons to keep multiple versions around. If you got used to an earlier version and its tools, you can dig yourself out of a hole in a more modern Audacity by Exporting a perfect quality WAV of the work and opening it in the older one you know.

Then you can post on the forum asking what was supposed to happen, while you’re holding a finished show.

There are postings from people who did an Audacity update and now can’t find the tools to do their work.

Koz

Well, I finally got it sorted out. I tried to delete version 2.1.3 and then version 2.2.1 would not work. I tried to reinstall 2.2.1 and 2.1.3 showed up again. SSSOOO, I deleted BOTH of them, did a restart, and installed 2.2.1 again. Now everything works perfectly. I guess when doing an updated version, we need to delete all older versions first, then install the new one.

Works for me ! ! !

Dave