MP3 Recordings are Bassy as heck.

Heyy, I just got a new laptop about a week ago. And i normally record songs off spotify and put them onto audacity then export them.

However, since i’ve tried to record some songs they’ve ALL turned out very bassy. Its really annoying, it would be appreciated if you could help out and post any suggestions? :smiley:

If you are using “Stereo Mix”, try switching to “WASAPI Loopback”. If that doesn’t help, look for a setting in Windows or your soundcard utility (if your computer has one) that’s tying to “enhance” the sound.

Audacity itself only records what’s fed-into it… Something else has to be messing-up the sound before it gets to Audacity.

And i normally record songs off spotify

Of course that’s a copyright violation and a violation of your Spotify user agreement. The artist only gets paid (a very-very small amount) when the song is played through Spotify.

I’m not using the stereo mix, Audacity just records it from whatever is playing out of the speakers. And there are no enhancements, I mean when Audacity records its bass, but when I play it out normally its normal.

What does that mean?

If you import a known good audio file into Audacity and play it, does it sound “normal” or “bassy as heck”?
If you export an MP3 from Audacity and “play it out normally”, does it sound “normal” or “bassy as heck”?

I’m not using the stereo mix, Audacity just records it from whatever is playing out of the speakers.

Audacity records from whatever [u]Recording Device[/u] that you select.

There are few different ways of [u]Recording Computer Playback[/u].