version 2.3

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

version 2.3

Permanent link to this post Posted by rtrg » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:49 am

I use AUDACITY to record from both the desktop, radio app, dvd audio, and external sources such as dvd player audio, vcr, and the like. I also use an A/V selector to switch from the desktop line out and the external source at the a/v box on two distinct ports. The box out goes back to the desktop line in and an amp/speakers at the same time via audio "ys". The issue is which input in audacity to use for each source. Currently I have selected MME, LINE IN, SPEAKERS OUT. I have found that external sources ONLY work inputted to LINE IN as opposed to STEREO MIX. Desktop outputs will record using both LINE IN and/or MIX. Is this normal? Can I use LINE IN for both? The sound quality is the same. Simpler. The selector does the same thing. Advice please.
Operating System: Windows 7

Return to Windows