how do i do this with audicity

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

how do i do this with audicity

Permanent link to this post Posted by benbernie » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:36 am

hi
I have this 78 that has a skip in the middle of it..its not a skip that keeps repeating itself..its a skip that happens once and then the tonearm
keeps going..is there a way to remove the skip with audacity??

lenny
benbernie

Operating System: Please select

Re: how do i do this with audicity

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:09 am

Envelope tool could be used to reduce the volume of the skip , (and does not effect timing) ...

Could select the skip noise, then delete it, but that could muck-up the timing of the music.
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:46 pm

How big is the skip (number of samples)?

If it's small enough (less tan 128 samples) you could use Effect>Repair

If it's longer you can try the Draw tool (in the Tools toolbar) to redraw the waveform manually.

See this tutorial in the Audacity ManualL https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tut ... iques.html

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:10 pm

If the record is literally skipping ahead by one or more grooves, have you tried increasing the tracking force or playing with the anti-skate adjustment (if your turntable has an anti-skate adjustment)?

If you upload/attach a short sample with the skip in the middle, we can play with it. If it's actually skipping-ahead a longer sample would be better so we can get the "context". (A longer sample would have to be MP3 or other compressed format, due to size limits.)

its not a skip that keeps repeating itself..its a skip that happens once and then the tonearm
keeps going..
If the record skips-ahead we call that a "skip" and if it skips-back we say the record is "stuck".
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows