Remove Breathing Sound Over Audio

Hello!

In preparation for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I have created, by combining multiple different audio files, a lightsaber audio sound that I will be using for my phone alarm tone when finished. However, when the first piece of audio is played (lightsaber being opened up), you can hear a loud exhale which is very annoying. Again, this exhale can be heard at the beginning when the first track (titled “on”) is played. Is it at all possible to remove this exhale sound? I have tried multiple different ways of getting rid of it, but nothing has worked so far. I have also attached the files below (as a .zip) to take a look at. Btw, I am somewhat of a noob to audacity… Thank you very much! :smiley:

Thomas
epiclightsaber.zip (1.89 MB)

I don’t hear any breathing over the effects, but I do note that the composite track only sounds good with good headphones or a good quality speaker system. All those low tones are going to vanish when you play it on a phone (or in my case, a small laptop).

And some of the rest of it is going to vanish when your phone rings in your pocket.

I think you might be better off with TIE Fighter blaster sounds or something else with better high-pitched content.

Koz

I think this is the hiss you are looking for …

Can remove it with Audacity’s spectral edit tools

You sir have fixed exactly what I wanted. I think I am going to have to check out that spectral editing tool now. Thank you very much! :smiley:

Thomas