Installing downloaded Audacity 2.2.1 fails

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Installing downloaded Audacity 2.2.1 fails

Permanent link to this post Posted by hwince » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:58 pm

I have Audacity 2.1.3 installed on my Windows Dell XPS 13 2N1 laptop computer operating under Windows 10x64 on which I am the Administrator. I have downloaded Audacity 2.2.1 installer file and proceed to install, which shows C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity. I get a prompt message that this folder already exists, but I choose to proceed, which eventually opens the window: Setup - Audacity; Installing - Please wait while Setup installs Audacity on your computer. There is also a status bar window, which is blank. I have waited several hours without any "progression" change to the status window. Further, I cannot "Cancel" this operation. My only option is via Task Manager to End Task. I would appreciate guidance/help.
hwince

Operating System: Please select

Return to Windows