USB Keyboard Setup

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

USB Keyboard Setup

Permanent link to this post Posted by JMichaelMusician » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 am

Audacity 2.2.1 (only download there was) - Windows 10 (current updated release 12-4-17) - Laptop

Have a USB (USB Powered) Alesis Q25 keyboard connected, it has power, it does show in Win10 device manager.

How do I configure this to record an additional track on a current recording?
Does not show in devices in Audacity.
No drivers or software are required for the keyboard.
I did search for the settings/instructions both online and in the forums, I could no find.

Any help/advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe
JMichaelMusician

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: USB Keyboard Setup

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:29 am

You missed some words. It's a USB MIDI musical keyboard Controller.

It needs something to control.

A MIDI keyboard doesn't produce music. It produces MIDI instructions that you apply to a MIDI interpreter, sequencer or other MIDI software. It's that software that produces the music and then you can tell Audacity to record that.

Does the keyboard have a headphone connection? That would be actual music and you can adapt that connection to the computer.

The keyboard doesn't have a lot of good instructions on-line, so I couldn't tell much about it.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Windows