Recording

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by jadenlf99 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 pm

When im going to record my lyrics for my song the beat doesn't play but when im not recording it plays perfectly fine i don't know why it wont work or how to fix
jadenlf99

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Recording

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Tutorial - Mixing a Narration With Background Music (Not exactly what you're doing, but the same process.)

Can I play a track while recording a new one on top of it?

When im going to record my lyrics for my song the beat doesn't play but when im not recording.
FY'I -

"Lyrics" are the words, usually written or spoken. If you are singing you are recording the "vocals". You might say lyrics if you are rapping. If you Google "White Christmas lyrics", you'll get the words, not a vocal track.

"Beat" is the timing (4/4 time at 100 beats per minute, etc.). You have a "backing track". Rappers sometimes call the backing track the beat, and I assume this came from beatboxing "scratching"/sampling records. You could sat "Give me a beat" to the drummer or to the DJ in a rap/hip-hop group.
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows