How do you open a project without a .aup file?

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

How do you open a project without a .aup file?

Permanent link to this post Posted by Xirix » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Friend of mine just gave me some audio he wants editing from a while back, all he has is the project folder, not the actual project file, how can I import this into audacity? All the options seem to want files, not folders.
Xirix

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: How do you open a project without a .aup file?

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:17 am

Xirix wrote:... all he has is the project folder, not the actual project file, how can I import this into audacity?

I hope you like jigsaw puzzles, see ... http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/recovering_crashes_manually.html#Manual_recovery
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: How do you open a project without a .aup file?

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:45 am

some audio he wants editing from a while back,

If it's a mono, fresh recording with no changes or edits, you might be able to use that process to piece it back together. If it's stereo, the show may assemble with left and right sound reversing at random times.

If the show has any edits or other changes, that's the end. There is no show.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Windows