Audacity will not record on this computer

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Audacity will not record on this computer

Permanent link to this post Posted by jesseshelnut » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 pm

I am using an Audio Technica at2020. When everything is connected, Windows is able to detect something is there, but the green bar will not move.
jesseshelnut

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Audacity will not record on this computer

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 am

Audio Technica at2020

Terrific microphone. There is a YouTube home singer/performer I like and I think he has one of those.
Windows is able to detect something is there, but the green bar will not move.

That's the bad news. Audacity gets its sound from Windows, not the microphone or microphone system. If Windows can't hear it, that's full stop.

Does it still work in FLStudio?

I'm out of ideas. I do not like the odd adapter cable and Sabrent USB adapter. This is perfectly typical of "magic" failures that can happen with those two.

I have a nice, simple Behringer UM2 microphone and USB adapter. It seems to work perfectly every time I need it. It supplies 48 volt phantom power to microphones that need it.

I certified it for "perfect" overdubbing in Audacity. It has zero latency monitoring and will let you listen to yourself while you perform each part to a multi-part song. You will not be able to do that with the Sabrent system.

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 19.59.18.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 19.59.18.png (129.59 KiB) Viewed 63 times

They make a fancier UMC22 and there is also a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. All do the same job at increasing cost.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Previous

Return to Windows