Please Help

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Please Help

Permanent link to this post Posted by RealJay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:53 am

so i am using a audiobox usb presonus with a m7 presonus microphone and the microphone option is not popping up for me to select it but the speaker option from the headphone is popping up and playing through the headphones connected too the audiobox but i cant get the microphone to show. I tried rescanning audio devices nothing. i just switched over to a windows computer it used to work fine on mac. please help
RealJay

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Please Help

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm

and the microphone option is not popping up
It won't see the microphone, but it should see the Presonus interface. It may not say "Presonus", but it should say "USB... something".
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Permanent link to this post Posted by RealJay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:56 pm

No like when I press the drop down too select a microphone nothing with the audio box pops up but on the speaker drop Down headphones(audiobox usb) shows up
RealJay

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 am

I think Windows 10 has two different tabs, one for speakers/headphones Playback and the other for Recording.

This is the one in Win7, but I think they're similar.

Win7SoundPanel.PNG
Win7SoundPanel.PNG (36.27 KiB) Viewed 88 times

This is my USB interface with sound on the green meter on the right.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Windows