No audio

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

No audio

Permanent link to this post Posted by Billyive » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:46 pm

I just installed Audacity with my new AT LP120 usb TT. HAve been trying for the past few hours to get the audio working, to no avail. What am I doing wrong?
Billyive

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: No audio

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:22 pm

The order is important:

1) Connect the turntable first,
2) then launch Audacity.
3) Look in the device toolbar and set the recording input to your USB turntable, and the output to your normal sound card.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by Billyive » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Is one capable of monitoring the audio? I am now able to record and playback an audio track but not able to monitor in real time.
Billyive

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:20 pm

The best way to monitor is to connect the RCA outputs from the turntable to an amplifier / speakers (see the turntable manual for details).

Failing that, if you need to monitor from the computer, enable "Software Playthrough" in the Audacity "Transport" menu. Note that when using software playthrough, the sound is slightly delayed (usually by about 1/2 second) before you hear it. This is due to the time it takes for the sound to work its way through the system from the USB input to the sound card output. The main output of your sound card must be selected as the playback device in the device toolbar.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Windows