importing music from itunes library

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

• Please state which version of Windows you are using, the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

• Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
    The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

importing music from itunes library

Permanent link to this post Posted by [email protected] » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:27 pm

trying to use Audacity 2.2.0 on Windows 10 for first time.
I've successfully downloaded FFmpeg libraries but get an error indication each time I try to import anything from iTunes. What's wrong and what can I do?
[email protected]

Operating System: Windows 10

Re: importing music from itunes library

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:30 am

Some iTunes music is not available for production. Drag the music from iTunes onto the desktop. If it succeeds, then open it in Audacity.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Re: importing music from itunes library

Permanent link to this post Posted by DVDdoug » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:37 pm

...each time I try to import anything from iTunes.
Try opening the AAC file(s) directly from your hard disc without opening iTunes.

* I assume you have AAC files? iTunes supports other formats (such as WAV & MP3) but AAC is the default and it you buy songs from Apple you get AAC.
DVDdoug
Forum Crew

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Windows