A question about Audacity's suitabliity

Hello forum users. I have an unusual question. I wish to create a home made noise cancellation device. Is is possible to have Audacity take a sound signal and produce the inverse of that input signal in real time? Am I looking to use the wrong tool for this application? I realize that I may have to learn some programming (with Nyquist?), however I do enjoy a challenge. In the event that I were to attempt commercialization (not a likely event), then royalties would be paid to Audacity.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
Regards,
Robert

Audacity is not very suitable for that application. Audacity is primarily designed for “off-line” use - by that I mean, that you record something, then do something with the recorded data. Audacity doesn’t do things “in real time”, but rather “after the event”.

This page may be useful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_audio_programming_languages

That’s pretty much what this is.

Those are two electrically identical microphones with a “Y” cable. The sound mixer is on the top.

One of the microphones is phase cancelling “backwards.” That’s the extra “X” tube in one leg. Reverse pins 2 and 3. It doesn’t pick up anything at all unless you get close and talk over one of the two microphones. It’s used in very seriously noisy environments. It can give you a voice recording in the middle of an airport runway.

Koz

:slight_smile:
Thanks for all of your help.
Robert